Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veritas

I have not responded yet to the lamp power buy but it would be a big help if you could organize this for me as I do not have a lot of spare time.

I would like to have a list with qty needed with projector or bulb wattage and part number if possible and I will place my call. I do not know how much of a discount we will get but I do have one connection and will give it my best.

Thanks!

------------------

Thanks Very Much!

Alan Gouger

AV Science
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
383 Posts
On Jan 26th 2001, I posted a topic named: "*Potential* AVS LAMP power buy - (Non DILA)" and asked for interested Davis/PLUS & clone owners/users to sign up. So far less than 20 people have responded!?!

If this does not change SOON, then I guess a power buy will not be attempted! I don't believe we'd get much discount for only 20-25 lamps that have been requested...but if no more interest is shown, I'll ask Alan:

1. Is this number of lamp orders enough for any discounts

2. If doing buy for this number of lamps as a power buy worth his time & effort.

So if you are interested PLEASE POST SOON!!! And notify anyone you know that might be interested as well!!! (It would be great if this could be an annual event..assuming AVS/etc is willing to do it)

PLEASE HELP!!!

[This message has been edited by Veritas (edited 02-01-2001).]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry, but I'm now backing off from this one. I got a spare bulb for $60 thanks to NickB's tip. It's not the newest 6000hr bulb, but heck, at $60, who's complaining? I'll be good for another 3-4 years easily.

I can't stop wondering how the seller was able to sell around 10 of these for this price.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Veritas,

The problem is that most of these bulbs are being sold at near cost by the distributors. PLUS/NEC/Proxima may be making a ton on them but the distributors aren't. If Alan knows a way around this, I am game.

I can currently find them sub $300. If Alan can get them for $250 or so, I am good for two of them.

Happy hunting.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Who has the best deal that you can find?

------------------

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger:
Veritas

I have not responded yet to the lamp power buy but it would be a big help if you could organize this for me as I do not have a lot of spare time.

I would like to have a list with qty needed with projector or bulb wattage and part number if possible and I will place my call. I do not know how much of a discount we will get but I do have one connection and will give it my best.

Thanks!

Here is the part number for the Davis 450 and 650 (and clones) from the Chatani website.

Part # 2940420 120W UHP Lamp Kit $599.95

And the link:
http://www.chatani.com/products/accessories/lenses/

Robert

------------------

Robert Clark

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'd be interested in a DLS8 lamp, if the power buy is worth it. What is the price?

------------------

-Peter

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ehhmm... I'm sure there's plenty of interest in LT150 lamps now http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I need one at least for now... my LT150 purchase drained quite a lot of my bank account so the majority of money is going towards a screen next and one extra lamp is all I can afford atm.

------------------

/frode

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.