AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, of course Dell can't hold to the too-good-to-be-true price of $5039. In a way I understand, and won't push it with them. The very best they can do now is $5880 for the Pio 503CMX which isn't bad, but not what I'd call a spectacular price. It's basically 15% off their list price. He got it by price-matching Best Buy online.

*sigh* well, I doubt that the price would have gone through anyway. I learned a big lesson here, if you get a drop dead price from Dell, be ready to go for it immediately. Otherwise it's vapor. Lesson learned.

If anyone knows a way to beat $5880, please PM me or reply to this thread. Dell won't charge tax (saves me $485) or shipping, so the grand total needs to be less than $5880. Thanks to all who encouraged me on, but I couldn't beat 'em.

Sorry if this turned into a forum no-no, I'm a newbie and learned a lesson. :)

Veech

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hello Veech;

"if you get a drop dead price from Dell, be ready to go for it immediately. Otherwise it's vapor. Lesson learned"

You nailed it and thats what I did- I called Dell talked to the rep and told her about the discounts etc.. she talked to her manager and came back with $5500 and I placed the order immediately on the phone - 5 days later I get my unit.

One of my buddies called the same rep and he tried to get my deal-he was refused even with my order number..he is still trying to get close to $5500.

If the price is right order it immediately.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. the way I look at it I can obsess over $400 or so (I think the best deal I could swing would be your $5500 price point) or I can stop looking this horse in the mouth and realize that $5880 to my door for a high quality 50" plasma is still a damned decent deal and just go for it.

I'm calling them tomorrow, and assuming they have in stock and can get it to me within 5 - 6 working days I'm gonna DO IT!

*whew* that felt good :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.