AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On June 17th The Discovery Channel will start their new HDTV channel; but Dish Network has yet to commit to carriage, even though, as most of us already know, Charlie has always claimed he will carry any HD channel made available to him.

Please e-mail and call Dish to request that they carry this channel from day 1.

When you call, tell them you'd like to register a formal suggestion or request.

Call them at 1-800-333 DISH (3474)

See my sig for the e-mail address

-Tim

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
How is it that Bell Express VU say they are watching Discovery HD programming, when Discovery HD does not start until June 17th. Are these test broadcasts?

·
Registered
185 Posts
E-mail sent...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Here is a portion of the response that I received:

"Our long term plan is to have more HDTV available than any other programming provider. Right now, there are only three sources of high definition content for satellite providers. These three sources are HBO, ShowTime and CBS, and we currently carry all three. In addition, we also have some pay-per-view movies in HDTV as well.

In order to receive HDTV CBS you will first have to qualify, which you may do by contacting our Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-3474 and one of our representatives will assist you.

Both the 61.5 and 148 slots are carrying the high definition programming. We may also look at some carriage at the 110 degree location early next year after our next satellite successfully launches. At this time, however, we cannot guarantee the alternate locations.

It is our intent to add a variety of programming and services to please the majority of current and future subscribers. We will gladly forward your requests to our Programming Department for Discovery HD and HDNet, although specific information regarding your request is not currently available..."

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by baimo
I would much prefer nbc or abc or one of the new hdnet stations. Anything other than the discovery- I never watch that stuff- i want movies and sports

abimo
Here's a real useful post to this thread! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.