AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Would the image quality from say a Quadscan Elite be better, or is Dscaler a better option?? I want to hookup a PS2, X-Box, etc, and want the best image quality possible since videogames are a big priority with my setup, heedless of all bulb costs!

20. Did you think I'd really ask 20 questions?

Thanks for listening! :)

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Ok king I'll bite. but next time just post one question per post.

1. Maybe/yes. right now they are human driven calibrations so it's like artwork. Soon Dilard will give you everthing but two that the humans do, but insiders tell me it totally kicks butt. Since the calibration is mathamatical(computer driven) it's more consistent from projector to projector and may vield better results. We'll see.

2. no, do you have an alternative?

3. No. but you can box up your image with masking to appear like a rectangle.

4. good idea. I have very dark blue curtains and thick felt underneath to mask my screen.

4. make your screen as wide as you want. just make sure the throw of the projector accomodates it where you want the projector placed. If your talking about the ISCO if you can vertically fit the 4:3 image on the 16:9 screen you're golden.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
King,

If you post your questions then someone takes the time to answer them, leave them up! It helps everyone else that may have the same questions and then can see some answers. It also reduces the same questions asked over and over again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you said one question per post, so I tried to clean it up, even though I'm not about to post 7 new different posts, I figured no one would answer them all anyways, unless they had or were setting up every part I questioned, therefore, I get answers from people who own all the stuff I want, thusly I get a perspective from someone who has been hands on with the exact equipment. I sincerely apologize!

·
Registered
441 Posts
King:

I have a Quadscan Pro, version 2.51 which I understand performs as well as the Quadscan elite. I recently installed an ATI TV Wonder card on a computer running Windows XP and Dscaler. I am not an expert at Dscaler and I assume there are better capture cards, but right now the image from DSS through SVideo is better through the quadscan than Dscaler. I have read some posts, however, that suggest that the image from Dscaler on Windows XP is inferior to the same image on Windows 98. As I have not tried Dscaler on Windows 98 I cannot comment on if or how much better the image is. I didn't see a huge difference in image quality and if the posts about Dscaler and XP are true Dscaler may exceed the Quadscan when an updated version of Dscaler comes out. Also, I understand that modifications are possible for capture cards and this may also result in Dscaler outperforming the quadscan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.