AVS Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3471 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Just refurbed for my daughters 20th b-day; Kenwood KS-4000R w/MCS 6502 TT & Chane A1rx-c speakers till I find more appropriate speakers for her:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fun and great thread

what a great thread, lots of fun.:D
couple of pics of my system.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
what a great thread, lots of fun.:D
couple of pics of my system.
drooling... I've heard those KEF's on McIntosh amps and they were great. I would love to hear them on the PL monoblocks. Amazing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
drooling... I've heard those KEF's on McIntosh amps and they were great. I would love to hear them on the PL monoblocks. Amazing.
Thanks abd1
I heard them on both, and imho primaluna sounded way better, is like they were made for each other.

Reactions: spinnin and abd1

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here is my living room system where I sometimes do some 2ch listening when my kids kick me out of the man cave.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Family Room AV Room

Here is a picture of my setup. I'm very lucky because I have a wife who has let me put up acoustic panels in the family room.

Gear is in signature. Very happy camper. Connectors and speaker cables by SVS. Biggest improvements in sound were the P5 and Oppo.

- To do list: crown molding, ceiling acoustic treatment, maybe skyline diffusers in front (for when screen is up for 2 channel listening) and behind seating position.

This hobby is a fun and expensive never ending series of improvements.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
You need an auralic Vega :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Here is a picture of my setup. I'm very lucky because I have a wife who has let me put up acoustic panels in the family room.

Gear is in signature. Very happy camper. Connectors and speaker cables by SVS. Biggest improvements in sound were the P5 and Oppo.

- To do list: crown molding, ceiling acoustic treatment, maybe skyline diffusers in front (for when screen is up for 2 channel listening) and behind seating position.

This hobby is a fun and expensive never ending series of improvements.
I see you get about as much mileage out of your fire place as we do.

DJ

·
Registered
794 Posts
My secondary systems are posted on the last page, and now here's my completed (for now) main system:

·
Registered
420 Posts
My secondary systems are posted on the last page, and now here's my completed (for now) main system:
Those are monster monitor speakers. Isn't that a newish design from Selah? The whole system looks very impressive.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Those are monster monitor speakers. Isn't that a newish design from Selah? The whole system looks very impressive.
Thanks! Your system looks great as well, I've always been very intrigued by Salk speakers.

They are pretty huge monitors, I don't think my wife likes them as much as I do. I don't have room for floorstanders in my current system, so I had Rick at Selah build me monitors that basically perform like large floorstanders. I've been dialing in my system's response using Dirac Live with the miniDSP DDRC-22D over the last couple days, and I'm just blown away by the performance of these speakers. All the room-induced boomy-ness is gone, and these things dig deep and are extremely tight and dynamic on the low end, and smooth and detailed through the mids and highs.

They are a very new Selah design, this is the first pair. I told Rick what I was after, we threw around a few ideas with different driver configurations and this is what we came up with. These ones are upgraded with Clarity Cap CSA capacitors in the tweeter and midrange network, and they seem to be opening up a little bit every time I play them. Especially after every LOUD listening session, they seem to open up more and more. They throw a massively tall, wide and deep pinpoint soundstage. Very detailed, but not forward at all. Their character is very neutral and maybe just a touch laid back, which pairs very well with the Esoteric source and the Krell amp.

I've never had a system that sounds as good or better as my system sounds right now.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Thanks! Your system looks great as well, I've always been very intrigued by Salk speakers.

They are pretty huge monitors, I don't think my wife likes them as much as I do. I don't have room for floorstanders in my current system, so I had Rick at Selah build me monitors that basically perform like large floorstanders. I've been dialing in my system's response using Dirac Live with the miniDSP DDRC-22D over the last couple days, and I'm just blown away by the performance of these speakers. All the room-induced boomy-ness is gone, and these things dig deep and are extremely tight and dynamic on the low end, and smooth and detailed through the mids and highs.

They are a very new Selah design, this is the first pair. I told Rick what I was after, we threw around a few ideas with different driver configurations and this is what we came up with. These ones are upgraded with Clarity Cap CSA capacitors in the tweeter and midrange network, and they seem to be opening up a little bit every time I play them. Especially after every LOUD listening session, they seem to open up more and more. They throw a massively tall, wide and deep pinpoint soundstage. Very detailed, but not forward at all. Their character is very neutral and maybe just a touch laid back, which pairs very well with the Esoteric source and the Krell amp.

I've never had a system that sounds as good or better as my system sounds right now.

Nick V - I am still digging the Esoteric spinner. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nick V - I am still digging the Esoteric spinner. :)
Thanks, I love it too!

I especially love that it sounds just as good as a DAC (coax input) as well!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The C28 / MC2205 combo! Classic McIntosh! Love it!

3001 - 3020 of 3471 Posts