AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the original thread 15 members have posted that they would be interested in getting together to have a meet and greet. This would consist of a dinner and possibly drinks afterwards for those that wanted to stay.

I have been asked to see if it would be OK for a wife to attend and personally, I see no problem what so ever. I always say "the more the merrier."

I am suggesting Applebee's on Route 107 in Hicksville. It is on the SOUTH side of 107 right across from the 5 red and white smokestacks which were part of the Grumman complex. It is approxamitely 1 mile south of Old Country Road. There is a National Liquidators in the same shopping complex.

I am suggesting September 26th (which is Wednesday week) at 7:00PM.

If you would like to attend, please respond in our post if you will be coming by yourself or will you also be bringing your wife/significant other.

EXAMPLE:

Lee Antin - Yes I will attend by myself.

I am really looking forward to meeting all of you. This will I hope prove to be a very cheerful event...something all us New Yorkers could use.

PLEASE RSVP here at this thread as soon as you can...like by Friday the 21st so I can make the reservation.

Regards,

Lee Antin

[This message has been edited by LeeAntin (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
33,593 Posts
Lee,

I've just been informed by my wife that open school night is Tuesday. We have a meeting at 7:30PM. Any shot at either Monday, Wednesday or Friday night? If not I'll catch you guys the next time.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken,

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DID CHANGE THE DATE TO SEPTEMBER 26TH WHICH IS A WEDNESDAY. SO I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.

I FIGURED IF YOU HAVE OPEN HOUSE OTHERS MIGHT ALSO.

LEE

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was attracted to this thread because I grew up in Baldwin; I have a sister there. I now live in Atlanta and have we have set up a Yahoo group to spread HDTV info here in Atlanta:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ahdtv

I do not have a problem with your posting LI specific stuff on AVSForum. By having a local Yahoo group we can deal with truly local issues, such as reception problems. The creator of the group, CB Genrich, maintains a reception map that shows how well each of us receives the DTV signals. CB had a good idea that I would think other places would find usefull.

We recently had a tour of our CBS afiliate put together by the group.

We also have station representatives that are our contact points, keeping us up to date on issues. And we have issues like why the ABC affiliate does not have DD 5.1, and when will a station have a DTV broadcast.

Just a thought for you guys on the island.

Tom

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lee,

I will attend alone. As you saw yourself, my wife wasn't interested much in my HT. Besides, it would be difficult to get someone to babysit on a Wednesday night.

-Alex

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey-

Where'd everybody go?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Count me in if you don't mind. As I don't have an HDTV yet, but hoping to get one soon. (I have everything else though.) I have some location problems that the next wave will (I Hope) solve.

Tom - My home is Baldwin a few blocks behind Pathmark.

[This message has been edited by Orlando (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry I’m a little late but Count me in as well. I will be attending solo.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cancel. Something unexpected came up and I won't be able to make it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.