AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be one of the most confusing and one size doesn't not fit all subjects of home theater design. Lol.

I have a 14x17 room that I am turning into a home theater. 8' ceilings, so I am not retrofitting soffits in there. I am planning on perimeter can lights (only)with three lights on a separate switch to highlight the screen. In the sketch up, it shows sconces, but I've vetoed those since this will be an existing finished space and no teardown of the walls.

I like the look when it reflects off the walls and washes off the screen. What I can figure out is what provides that effect? Eye ball lights, wall wash reflectors? Normal can lights closer to the wall/screen?

I bought these as I like the 3" diameter as I think it fits the room diameter. But being LED and non-directional, will they give the effect I am looking for?

The plan I have in my head is to have these lights every 3-3.5' and 1-1.5' off the wall around three sides. Then three in the front highlighting a 130-140" screen. Opinions?

House Animation Room Architecture Games

1 - 2 of 2 Posts