AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might buy a new projector that doesnt do the anamorphic stretch for my lens, but I notice my DVD player has a zoom option called letterbox which does it. Is this good enough ?

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
You need to tell us the make and model...is it a dvd player? or a blu ray player? Dollar to donuts, there is a "master/owner's" thread on that make and model in the appropriate forum (blu ray hardware forum for example) for you to do your research in.

So before you start another thread, please take the time to do some research within the existing threads on the item you are researching. If you do start a thread topic, please take the time to come back and participate in your thread.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieuk147 /forum/post/20952492

I might buy a new projector that doesnt do the anamorphic stretch for my lens, but I notice my DVD player has a zoom option called letterbox which does it. Is this good enough ?

If its a dvd player, it probably zooms in all directions.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda
If its a dvd player, it probably zooms in all directions.
The older Samsung HD950 DVD player had vertical stretch. I used to use it for ST shifts and converts of non anamorphic DVDs. In these HD times, one would want something a fair bit better than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts