AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Watch Flags first. Otherwise you'll be dissapointed, because Letters is top notch.

But Flags isn't bad.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Watched it last night and thought it was incredible. head and shoulders better than Flags. PQ is top tier easily. sound is as good if not better than anything i've heard on my system. the bombing of the island shook the house pretty good. what a great day for blu-ray, both pirates, apocalypto, letters and flags. all very well done.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Flags was good

Haven't seen Letters yet

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought it last night when I picked up both Pirates movies. I'm watching it tonight when i get home from work, can't wait. I've always wanted to see this movie, but it wasn't playing in any of the theaters in my neighborhood when it came out.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by javry /forum/post/0

for the stodgy of us who are still stubbornly wachting things in 720p, is it still worth it?

Absolutely!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Great movie, but I found its picture quality to be overrated.

Flags has better PQ.

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpags /forum/post/10618157

Am I correct in assuming that you have to see Flags of Our Fathers to fully get into the storyline of Letters (I read about intertwining plots)?

I really believe that is what is recommended. "Flags" was released first; later "Letters" was released. It seemed to complement and complete "Flags."

Personally I recommend seeing them in that order. Superb films, both!!

I, too, have them both on HD-DVD but I also see no reason why the Blu-Ray discs shouldn't be just as fine.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Didn't care much for Flags so I didn't buy it. Run, don't walk for Letters. Top notch quality and the content was great!

Thank us later folks if you still didn't see this one since the OP posted almost a year ago !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.