AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of weeks of plasma bliss, I finally turned of my 503CMX long enough to actually mount it on the wall. I used the PCM-100 mount and everything went surprisingly well...

The only thing is... is this thing going to fall off the wall???!!!

Does anyone else have this fear???!!!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My wife was worried about my mounting abilities ;)

but I know I was well anchored in each hole:D

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
If you did it right, it's not going to come off the wall. If it's not mounted in the studs, on the other hand, all bets are off.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One of the nice things about the PCM-100 mount is that you have a lot of horizontal play in where you can mount the parts on the wall. If you haven't attached the wall plates to studs, you should take down your display (carefully ;) ) move the brackets left or right accordingly as needed to but them the smallest amount off center, then put the display back on and slide it on the rails back into the place you want it.

I'd also recommend tightening down the tilt control screws BEFORE putting it back on the wall. They're really hard to reach and get tight once you get the display mounted, and it's easy enough to get onto the rails in the upright position.

-dwx

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good tip dwx. The instructions said to leave to screws loose and hand tighten them after mounting the plasma. As you noted, you can't fit your hand behind to tighten the screw after it is mounted.

I got four screws into each plate (seemingly anchored to studs) so I guess it will be fine. I hope it's still hanging when I get home from work. I put several large cushions below the plasma just in case...

·
Registered
153 Posts
opps...I meant "cushions"...

might be a good selling point....you either get a stand with your plasma or a wall mount and set of cushions...

of course, if the thing dropped off the wall it would be hanging by the component cables...maybe bungy component cables?

Bob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually took all of the cushions from both couches (TV room and living room).

My wife just called my office and wants to know, "What the ##@$%! is going on?" Any ideas on what I should tell her?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just to reassure you the wall mount are secure with your expensive plasma:

I have a bike rack that I mount on wall studs with 4 long wood screws and it holds 3 bicycles and the manufacturer showed a picture of a big guy lifting himself up on it. You need to be sure the screws are in the middle of the wall studs otherwise all bets are off.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.