Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am setting up my video distribution system, and for that I acquired the Leviton Video Service Module .

The main reason I got this particular item over other alternatives was because it supposedly allows the DC signal of the remotes to go through, which I need because I am using the same coaxial cable network to distribute the IR signal.

However, I am having two problems with this item, and I figured that someone here might be able to help me:

1. The panel has 3 inputs: one CATV and two from modulators. If only the modulators are connected, the TV image looks fine. But as soon as I connect the cable TV, it looks like it is interfering with the other two inputs.

Note: I don't have a low pass filter on my cable. I figured I don't need one since my cable service doesn't use the channels 90-94 that I'm using for my modulators. Do I need the low pass filter anyway? Could this be causing this interference?

2. The IR signal is not passing through. I am using Xantech Injectors, Couples, Receivers and Emitters. In a direct coaxial cable (not going through the panel), it works like a charm. But as soon as I put the panel in the middle, the system stops working. Does anyone has this panel working with IR distribution in place?

Thanks all for your help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We designed and built this product for Leviton.

1) The CATV signal is probably causing this problem for one of two reasons:

1a) The signal is very strong and is overloading the broadband amp. This should affect many of the CATV channels as well, creating herringbone patterns on the video. A simple attenuator on the incoming CATV coax will fix this problem. Buy a 0-20dB variable attenuator and use it to determine the value of a permanent attenuator.

1b) The cable company is broadcasting other stuff in the 90-94 area (620-643MHz). This can be digital cable channels, or IM distortion from an overloaded line extender amp in the cable plant. You will need a low pass filter to fix this problem.

2) This product does not work with your Xantech system. You must use the Leviton targets shown on the page you linked to, or our model 2133 targets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer.

Believe it or not, it is easier for me to change the distribution panel than using the IR interface that you pointed me to. Reason being that, as far as I can see, the injectors/couplers are only available as wall plates, so that would mean that I would need to make more holes in my walls (since each of those wall plates has room for only one coaxial cable).

Does ChannelPlus (or Leviton) have a panel that could work with the Xantech injectors/couplers? I am using their Xtra Link kit, that includes the injectors and couplers, as well as emitters and receivers.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry for the tardy reply.

The Leviton panel and our All in ONE/TWO systems are 5 volt IR systems. The Xantech targets are 12 volt IR. Our DA-550 panels are designed to use 12 volt IR systems. They require a model 2100A interface to mate with a standard Xantech target. Here is a link to the manual: http://www.channelplus.com/files/da550man.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.