AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a new townhome and I added the upgrade option of Leviton Integrated Networks Home Theater Speaker package. Does anyone know if this system is any good? I like this package because everything will be flush in wall speakers. The package includes:

5 Total Leviton speakers

3 Front

2 Rear

Blank-plated theater outlet

Does anyone have this system installed in their home or know anything about it. Also I am trying to figure where in my living room to put the system with my 50' sony plasma? I have to keep in mind that the coax tv feed is coming from the middle of the smaller side of the room. I attached pics of the floor plan and speakers.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Never heard them...

Generally, you won't get the same performance as a good floor-standing/surface mounted system, if for no other reason than size limitations assuming all else is equal.

You may not be able to play as loud as your like. These are fairly inefficient speakers and are limited to about 60W continuous.

There are better in-wall speakers available from several quality speaker manufacturers. The Leviton units appear equivalent to the low end of the range of in-wall speakers offered by these other manufacturers. In other words, these are "consumer" products, not "audiophile" products.

You will probably want a good subwoofer to go along with the in-wall speakers if you are going to use them for HT.

That said, the Leviton system could work out well for you. Depends on what your requirements are. If nothing else, you will have the wiring in the wall and can replace the speakers latter if you are not satisfied with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.