Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

First time poster. I am going to by the Leviton Integrated Networks equipment to setup my structured wiring for my new house. I have a question about the video distribution.

I would like to purchase the 3x8 Enhanced RF Distribution Module, but do not know what the difference is between the 1ghz and 2ghz modules. What would be the pro's and con's of each module?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
The 1 GHz module will pass signals up to 1 GHz or so, and the 2 GHz module will pass signals up to 2 GHz or so. Other than that, they are pretty much the same. BTW these are for RF, not video distribution, i.e. TV antenna (OTA), cable, satellite. All the OTA frequencies are below 1 GHz. Cable channel 158 is about 1 GHz. So, if all you will ever want is OTA and cable TV, 1 GHz is fine.

If you want to take advantage of newer technologies such as satellite or cable services like broadband internet, video on demand, or telephone service over cable, you probably will need the 2 GHz module.

FWIW if I were doing what you are doing, I would go with the 2 GHz module to future proof the installation even if I just needed the 1 GHZ module right now. It is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. Thank you Colm. I will take your advise and go for the 2ghz model.

What do you mean this is for RF and not video? What would you consider video?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.