AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my MC12B to replace my AVP and have a few problems I was hoping some seasoned Lex. owners might be able to answer.

1) Is there some setting to enable the Lex. to play a 24/96 disc at full rez. or should this happen automatically? The MC12 displays 48 khz when playing a 24/96 disc. My transport is setup correctly for full 24/96 output and in fact displays that it is outputting at that rate; therefore I think the issue is with the Lex.

2) Using the balanced outputs (have only tried main L/R so far) yields a terrible hiss through my speakers. I'm using the same amps and cables I used w/my AVP with no problem, so the issue seems to be with the Lex. Switching to single-ended connections alleviated the problem, but I want to use the balanced connections. Any ideas?

Wondering if I have a lemon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Neither of these are normal behavior. Did you perform a system initialization when you first installed the unit (Hold down the Mute button while powering on)? I'm not sure this would fix these issues, but it has been known to clear up occasional strangeness. You will have to re-enter all your settings, so it helps to write them down first.

Hope this helps,

Philip Brandes

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"The MC12 displays 48 khz when playing a 24/96 disc. My transport is setup correctly for full 24/96 output and in fact displays that it is outputting at that rate;"

Do you get sound? If you do the Lexicon is correct about the sampling rate. The Lex. automatically detects the sampling rate, there are no settings to adjust.

Your transport may just be displaying that it is playing 24/96 and downsampling the output. Double check your transports settings. What are you trying to play? Even with it set to 24/96 some discs won't let the content be output at 24/96.

"I'm using the same amps and cables I used w/my AVP with no problem, so the issue seems to be with the Lex. "

Maybe not, if the AVP or the amps had the pin one problem and your cables are built around that you might get problems when using them with the Lex. Can you confirm the pinout of your cables and also post the pinout of your amps balanced in connector? That info should be in the manual.

Shawn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.