AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While switching from my DVD analog input, to DVD digital input (coax-4) from the Input config menu, I got an error message that read 0181 0080. This is the second time this has occurred and it completely froze all operation. I had to do a hard restart from the rear and all my presets were erased. I searched the SMR Forum and discovered this has happened to others, but know one seemed to know exactly what the problem was. I already sent an e-mail to Lex CS about two weeks ago, but haven't heard back from them, yet. It seems to occur when I go from an analog to a digital input...the last time was when I switched components from VCR to DVD. Any ideas what is causing this...and is it anything to worry about? It seems to be a major annoyance more than anything else. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"but know one seemed to know exactly what the problem was."

I believe that has to do with communications with the daughtercard. You might try reseating it. It is basically a SIMM socket similiar to memory.

Shawn

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi Chris,

did you tried the restart with a reset in the factory defaults menue?

If not, power up with the Standby button on the remote and press mute immediately and hold it. Then you enter the factory default menue, confirm with the enter funktion, press again and then you got your ram cleared.

Think about noticing you settings, you will loose the settings.

Hope this helps

Armin

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...I'll try doing the factory reset first and see if that works. If not, is the method you're talking about (Shawn), were I need to open up the unit and just make sure that the prongs are all secure? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Chris,

"...I'll try doing the factory reset first and see if that works. "

Didn't the MC-1 loose all its settings after you powered it from that error? I thought when those came up it sorta did a factory reset already. But it is easy enough to try this.

"If not, is the method you're talking about (Shawn), were I need to open up the unit and just make sure that the prongs are all secure?"

Sorta, it is basically removing the daughtercard and re-installing it. If you have ever done 72pin SIMM memory in a computer it is the same type of connector on the daughtercard.

If you still have problems after that you may want to give Lex. a call and see if it is still under warranty or not. MC-1s had a 3 year warranty and it was transferable so it may be.

Shawn

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shawn,

I know I lost all my settings when it froze, but I don't know if this is the same as a factory reset...I suppose it is. I should probably do one anyhow...I never did when I got the MC-1 and someone told me I should.

I'm familiar with very basic electronics, but I have never had to replace a daughter card or a SIMM...although I am familiar with it. Is it easy to locate it in the MC-1

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"Is it easy to locate it in the MC-1 "

Yup, it is the only card in their sticking up from the motherboard.

Shawn

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Chris,

Not sure if static electricity is a problem where you live but if it is you should discharge yourself before tinkering around the inside of the Lex. Plumbing fixtures and the little screws that hold on the cover plates to wall plugs and switches should be grounded (especially if you have grounded outlets). Touch one of those for a few seconds and you should be safe to go inside.....

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Geof,

Good point!

Chris,

Turn off the Lex. using the back panel power switch before going any further. But leave it plugged in as that will keep the Lex. grounded and you can touch its chassis to ground yourself. If you want to be extra carefull do the procedure barefooted and don't walk around during it.

Shawn

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the advice, guys. I'll try it out tonight and see how it goes. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.