AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used DC-1 to hold me over until my regular processor is back from repair. The unit has earlier software with only THX and Dolby Digital. Does anyone know where I could purchase the chips to add DTS?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
John,

You can get them from a Lexicon dealer. The upgrade is going to cost $500 and it will come with the v4 software EPROM, swaps out your current DD decoder daughterboard and a new remote.

What version of software is in the DC-1 you have now?

Shawn

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is something like 1.1.

I wouldn't mind having something like 3.? from somebody who upgraded to the newest version. I am just using this temp until my regular processor gets back from repair which could take months.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
John,

The v3 software for the DC-1 had a lot of nice improvements to it esp. having to do with mode selection and so on. You will need the new remote if find a v3 rom chip. Make sure the chip is for the same hardware level as your DC-1... a chip for a DTS model won't work for you. Even a v2.x chip I believe would give improvements to L7 and so on.

BTW, depending on the serial number of your DC-1 if you do find a v3 or above chip it might need to go to Lexicon to make it work with that software level. Apparently one of the SMT chips may need to be upgraded for the later software releases. If you fail diagnostics after the v3 software that is a sign the SMT chip needs to be replaced. I think Lexicon charges $75 to do that.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shawn. I recall in a previous DC-1 that I owned, to add DTS was a 2 chip process. I thought all DC-1s could be upgraded with user replacement chips? I recall the new remote requirement but I assume a ccf file for Pronto would provide the same functions.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
John,

To go from a DD model to a DD/DTS model you replace an EPROM on the motherboard and swap the DD daughtercard for a DD/DTS daughtercard. If the DC-1s serial number is below 5125 it might need an SMT chip on the motherboard replaced as well going to v4 software to avoid diagnostic errors. Since that chip is soldered in place it needs to go to Lexicon to swap that.

Sure, a Pronto CCF would work fine. Look for a V3 DC-1 file or a DC-2 file.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once again, thanks Shawn you have been very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.