AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a DC-2 and a DC-1 remote. Which i am told does not work.

On the off chance, has anybody by chance put together a software program that i might use to control the various parameters of this product?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dizzman
I seem to have a DC-2 and a DC-1 remote. Which i am told does not work.

On the off chance, has anybody by chance put together a software program that i might use to control the various parameters of this product?
Actually, there were two DC-1 remotes.

The later one, included with the V3 & V4 software upgrades, is identical to the DC-2 remote.

The original DC-1 remote is semi-compatible with the DC-2, in that the command codes for the Main zone and Zone 2 are reversed.

An easy way to tell if you have the later DC-1 remote is see if the bottom two rows of buttons are for effect modes--if so, it's 100% compatible with the DC-2.

Cheers,

Philip Brandes

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the earlier one and it is not. I called lexicon to start with, and they confirmed it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Why not get a replacement remote from Lexicon?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, in the time and cost it would take, i can do things alot aesier if somebody has a software file created. i will get a new remote as well though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know of no software program available. However I have ordered remotes from Lexicon before and it normally takes 3-4 days max. They are very good at that kind of thing.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Dizzman,

I believe we are confused as to how you are controlling your DC-2? Do you have a control system? You can find the IR code structure by downloading the ProntoEdit software from www.remotecentral.com and opening the files others have posted which already have the codes you need learned. If you are intending to control your DC-2 with an RS-232 connection, then the remote isn't of much issue to you, as this has its own protocall. Tell us what you are trying to accomplish and what you intend to use and I would bet the many DC-1/2 users here could help plenty.

Regards,

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a control system already programmed with simple functionality (volume and switching)

THe Lexicon has not been properly setup. It is 50' from the room. I need to set ip all up as far as levels and such.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I would check out Remote Central. Depending on what your control system is, you should be able to use the codes found in their files section to create the buttons. Then again, IIRC, the DC-2 can be controlled entirely by it's front panel which leaves you 2 options. The first option would be to grab a friend and a cell phone, intercom, etc. and direct them through the menus. The other option I would go with is to grab a small TV and plug it in at the gear and just go through the it right there by pluggin into the monitor out. Of course I'm sure that Lexicon would be happy to overnight the remote to you if you wanted to spend the couple of extra bucks.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Mark,

"the DC-2 can be controlled entirely by it's front panel which leaves you 2 options."

Nope, you can't do the setup stuff from the front panel. You need the remote.

Shawn

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Thanks Shawn, I couldn't remember offhand. In any case, I'm trying to remember what you wouldn't be able to set up with the old remote that you could with the new???

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Mark,

The IR codes changed pretty dramatically between the old remote and the new. The old remote could do some of the functions of the new one (but not all) and it would be pretty confusing to try and use it that way.

Shawn

·
Registered
276 Posts
My remote went out on my DC-1 (v4.0 with the upgraded remote--same as the DC-2 remote). Had to download a ccf from Remote Central for use with my Pronto to manage my Lex until the new remote came in. The ccf worked like a champ--had full functionality (including setup features).

The original dealer I asked to get the remote didn't manage it after even five months (what a BOZO). Called another dealer and he got a new one to me in less than a week.

Points being: if you have a Pronto, you can download a ccf to do everything the remote itself could do; a decent dealer should be able to get you the new remote in a week or less, for under $50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.