AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading many comments on this forum about the best sound processor, I had to post this comment about the Lexicon MC 12 and Citation 7.3 surround speakers. I have owned Lexicon processors for several years but yesterday I really got a chance to hear how good logic 7 really is. I have four (4) citation 7.3 mounted on my sidewalls. I watch Titan A.E. and Bad Boys 2 and the sound reproduction was simply awesome. If you are familar with the citation surrounds, then you know about the switch on the speaker for different connection. During a shooting scene in Bad Boys 2 the effect reproduction was so real, I thought I was back in Vietnam.

I have listen to many other processors but in my "Opinion" Lexicon and Logic 7 is the winner. I suspect many of you will disagree with my opinion about logic 7 but I certainly understand. Your ears, wallet, speakers, room size and personal preference or listening experience should always determine your choice of a sound processor. Now if I can just figure out how to place two more citation 7.3 on the rear wall into the system.

Felix

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
I will check things out asI am using 4 Citation surrounds and am looking to get a Lexicon MC 12 soon.

I will test things out myelf soon.

BTW - are you setting them to dipole or bipole??

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I agree. :) Took me a few years to go from DD/DTS at 5.1 to Logic 7 with 7.1.

I watched Underworld 2 nights ago, and the aggressive surround mix really shines with Logic 7.

·
Registered
29,936 Posts
Felix,
Quote:
I thought I was back in Vietnam.
And this made you happy???;)
Quote:
Now if I can just figure out how to place two more citation 7.3 on the rear wall into the system.
Since you're already using 4 surround speakers, what will you feed to the 2 additional speakers on the rear wall?

Best,

Sanjay

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sanjay the sweet logic 7 sound made me happy. The bullets sound flying around my head reminded me of Vietnam.

The two addition speakers? Maybe I can get a split of the left/right rear and side audio signal from the lexicon to drive the two additional speakers.

Felix

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Sanjay, what up brother, I haven't seen you post in months. My vote is for L7, I do not have the coveted MC-12, but I do now have L7 feeding my rears and sides. Spooky stuff.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Titan A.E.? Bad Boys 2? This is movies to ya? :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Rogo, are you going for the 20K Club?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rogo, whatever floats your boat!

Felix

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hometheaterguy
Rogo, are you going for the 20K Club?
No, not at all. I may get there though.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
Titan A.E.? Bad Boys 2? This is movies to ya? :)
Easy there chief. I was going through my collection yesterday and I came across some quality titles like "Hot Dog...The Movie", "Porky's"/"Porky's II: the next Day" double feature, and "Running Scared" alongside "Citizen Kane", "The Godfather", and "The Dirty Dozen". :D

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Porky's was a classic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.