AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lexicon LX-7 has got good reviews in magazines so far. Does anybody have this amp? Does it mix well with non Lexicon pre-amps, I am considering mixing it with an Integra Research RDC-7?

Also, how does it compare to the Theta Dreadnaught and the Integra Research RDA-7 as they are all similarly priced?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Hi Jon,

I've noted with interest that the LX7 has been generally well received yet not much has been written about how it mates to various pre-pros and/or speakers. I use a Dreadnaught with my RDC7 and the combination is amazing. However, I think the difference will really lie in which speakers you use. My dreadnaught drives a B&W Nautilus array - 802N's l/r and HTM1 center (def tech surrounds). Overall, the conbination is completely fantastic. However, as I said I believe that much of the magic comes from the amp/speaker combo and somewhat less from the pre-amp/amp combo. Not that it doesn't matter, just less so.

TM

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TM,

Thanks for your input. I currently have a set of Monitor Audio Gold Reference speakers which I think have a similar sound as B&Ws.

I think that I might be able to get a better deal on the Lexicon than on the Dreadnaught or the IR RDA-7 and thought that if the Lexicon was cheaper or around the same price then that may be the way to go since it is 7 channels at 200w and 2 of the channels can be bridged to 400w, so that if I end up with just 5.1 and not 7.1 the remaining 2 channels do not go to waste.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.