Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI again,

I know I am probalbly mixing this up but...My local dealer talked with a distrubution rep for Lexicon/jbl and he said that one of the JBL modelss that goes with their 7.1 system is a LexiconMC-12 clone for less money!!!

Both Models are made by the parent company.

Does anyone have any info on this??

Thanks in advance.

Larry Kosova

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The JBL Synthesis line has always included rebadged Lexicons as their pre/pros (identical units with different faceplates)...however, the JBL versions are more expensive rather than cheaper, and have to be purchased as part of the complete system--i.e., you also have to buy the amps and JBL speakers.

Cheers,

Philip Brandes

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Quote:
...however, the JBL versions are more expensive rather than cheaper...
Thanks for that info; From a marketing standpoint, that is surprising to me (personally), since I perceive Lexicon as a "high-end" brand and JBL not so much of a "high-end" brand (I hope no one misinterprets these labels - I'm not judging the quality of either brand, just telling you, right or wrong, how I perceive them). If my perception is true, I would think the JBL would sell for less money than the Lexicon, not more.

Does anyone know why it sells for more? I'm just curious...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Scott:

True, Lexicon is "higher end" than JBL (Regular). But JBL Synthesis IS high end with a limited dealer network. JBL SYnthesis system is an audio everything system that includes speakers, sub(s), processors, amps, and EQ's. We're talking $25-100K.

The rebadged Lex MC12 (with JBL logo) lists for $10-11K. The reason it's more $ is that if Lex would make its own processor for other labels, and then let those companies price lower, no one would buy the Lex.

Rich B.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Synthesis line is for people to say "fill my home with a super theater" and for people who want function and may not necessarily be enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich B
Scott:

The rebadged Lex MC12 (with JBL logo) lists for $10-11K. The reason it's more $ is that if Lex would make its own processor for other labels, and then let those companies price lower, no one would buy the Lex.

Rich B.
JBL and Lexicon are owned by the same company... namely Harman... as well as Madrigal (Mark Levinson/Revel/Proceed), Infinity... and a host of others. Harman does this quite frequently...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Assuming the feature set is similar, is the performance also similar? I would imagine so if it's just a rebadged MC-12.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott-C
Assuming the feature set is similar, is the performance also similar? I would imagine so if it's just a rebadged MC-12.
Performance is identical. The only difference is the faceplate.

Cheers,

Philip Brandes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.