Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I recently purchased a Lexicon MC-8 based upon lots of feedback from another of my posts but I've got some questions I hope other owners can shed some light on.

I am not getting any On-Screen Dsiplay(OSD) from any of the 3 monitor outputs...Composite/S-Video/Component.

What I am getting from the composite and S-video output is a white box that overlays my screen. I get nothing from the component output.

From the setup menu I choose "Displays" then On-screen display and my options are set as follows:

Format: NTSC

Position: Center

Background: On (I've tried off as well)

Remote Status: On (I've tried off as well)

Also from the set-up menu, in the Input set-up section, I've set parameters under the "Main AdV" as follows:

S-Video 16:9 OSD; Auto

S-video 4:3 OSD: On

Component OSD: Off (when I want OSD from the composite/s-video)

On (when I want OSD from the component).

I've played with all these settings and been through the manual a number of times but all I get is either a white box or nothing (via component)

I've got a e-mail into Lexicon but have not heard back from them yet so I thought I'd try to get some input from MC-8 owners.

Has anyone had this problem or has OSD worked flawlessly for everyone.

Thanks,

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you want the OSD on the component output you need to set up each input that has component to Component OSD on (at least on the MC-12 so it is probably the same on the MC-8). IIRC it is in the input settings -> advanced menu.

The overlay can be switched to a blue background with the button named blue on the remote. I believe that setting can also be changed in the setup menu->display.

Another thing if your component sources are progressive the overlay menu does not work. So you have to use the blue background option to get an osd that is not overlayed over the image.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luffy,

Thanks, I've got my DVD player hooked into Input 1 and it is configured as component OSD-> On. Now it is progressive and I'm not sure if I've used the "Blue" button on the remote but my "Background" is set to on in the Displays menu.

I'll try the "Blue" button tonight and see if anything happens but I'll assume that you get OSD via composite and S-video and not the empty white box that I'm getting.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.