Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys,

Well now that the MC12 has been out for a few months. I was wondering from those of you who have played with it for a bit. How does it stack up to the Meridian 861.

I know there both are excelent units ,both recieved grave reviews, but i'm in the market and been reading some of the archives and still wondering which is the way to go . future upgrades in mind.

i have owned several dfferent models of lexicon , aswell as the MC1. But have a friend with a loaded 861 and man did it sound sweat.

would like all to post there pros and cons of each unit . consider both at the same price .

all opinions are welcome.

thanks

carlos:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
While I don't have anything to say on the aforementioned units I am waiting with baited breath for the usual heated discussion between the Meridian Zealots and the Lexicon Zealots :D

Gentlemen start your engines...

Miles

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shawn,

thanks, and yes i'am sure!!! even though when speaking lexicon or meridian in this forum i believe we can get the best info in the market from both sides and be civil about it.

I have alway owned lexicon and after hearing my friend meridian well lets just say i was very impressed with the dynamic sound quality.

Shawn i saw posts of all kinds cinepro pre/pro soon to come out ,the new tag to come out the avr , but no firm info on the meridian/lexicon debate.

thanks

carlos

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have owned Lexicon in the past and currently have a Meridian 565. I am guessing the Lexicon represents better value but the Meridian will have the edge in Sound quality, particularly in Music Modes like Trifield. But I don't believe you could go wrong with either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all,

I own a Meridian Digital Theater system 861,800 DVD, 24/96 5500m,24/96 5000c, 5000r. Everytime I listen to it I am totally awed at the realism of the sound and also the realism of the soundstage. If you can find a dealer that will allow you to audition Meridian, I believe you will be impressed. I am not knocking Lexicon I almost purchased Lexicon but when I heard the Meridian system I just had to have it. Check it out, let your ears decide.

Happy listening,

Greg

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have done a little bit of listing to it at my friends house and it did sound awsome. then again his equi. was extrodinary. but i was thinking more in the lines of feature's, future upgrades etc. not to happy that lexicon's ruling on MC1 not having any upgrades and the unit is only 2yrs out. for $6k i didn't expect that. for a cheap unit maybe.

thanks

carlos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.