AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows what player the Lexicon RT-20 started out as. Did Lexicon use a Pioneer platform again? Did they start from scratch? (I think the RT-10 started out as a Pioneer player... but I could be mistaken).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Kris

Very interested to hear about your findings. I downloaded the manual for the RT20, and I don't think that it supports output of 480i over HDMI.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting if it was based on the 59avi, they eliminated the Firewire connections. I wonder if that is a sign of things to come. Firewire seems to have died before it even got going.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I thought it was based on the Marantz 9500?

If you look at the rear panel and innards, they look remarkably similar to those of the 9500. The row of well spaced 5.1 phono sockets along the top left of the rear in particular, together with the associated audio board layout/components.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agreed zeropoint. The published photos of the innards of both the Marantz 9500 and the Lexicon RT-20 appear remarkably similar right down to the analog output board. I also don't see any upgrade to the power supply at all on this new Lexicon from the Marantz. How can a faceplate cost that much more? Hopefully Kris can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is the 9500 HDMI 1.1, or isn't that the new 9600, which features 1080p, 10bit processing, including a scalar co-developed with Anchor Bay Tech. Corp? That would make the 9600 a step ahead of the RT-20 already.

·
23,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropoint
Is the 9500 HDMI 1.1, or isn't that the new 9600, which features 1080p, 10bit processing, including a scalar co-developed with Anchor Bay Tech. Corp? That would make the 9600 a step ahead of the RT-20 already.
You're right, but I don't think the RT-20 is supposed to be "bleeding edge". It's just a replacement/successor for the lackluster (video-wise) RT-10.

larry

·
Registered
222 Posts
Interestingly, looking at the front panel, the DTS 96/24 logo indicates that the RT-20 can directly decode such material. Pity it doesn't pass interlaced video via the HDMI ports, and also doesn't conform to HDMI 1.1 spec.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.