AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lexicon RV-8. In the last week it’s developed a fault and I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience with any Lexicon gear.

The RV-8 will spontaneously boot from standby, however the startup process stops with:

LEXICON RV8 BOOTROM

(c) 2003 10/31 14:25

on the front display. At this point it will sit there indefinitely with none of the zone source lights, power amp lights lit (no relays click) but the internal fan running (I didn’t actually know it had an internal fan).

The only way out of this is to switch the unit off with the main power switch on the back. When switched back on it then goes through the self test as usual (and seems to pass with no errors).

It will also reboot to display the same symptoms from an operating state.

My first action was to upgrade the firmware using the upgrade software on Lexicon’s website. My second was to do a factory reset (as per the manual). Neither made any difference.

The dealer is picking it up on Saturday to have a look and I’m hoping will be able to sort it without sending it back to the US but I would feel more comfortable having some independent opinions.

Cheers

Eric

·
Registered
937 Posts
Fishy,

Go to the following forum, enter and go to the Lexicon sponsored section, post your questions and I am sure that you will receive an answer from a Lexicon engineer.

http://www.smr-forums.com

Stan

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@gostan

Thanks I didn't know that existed, I have just done so

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.