AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 5.1 Onkyo passive HT system and the receiver died so bought a new Yamaha RX-V675 and got everything except the sub to work. Since the sub is passive I either need to get a sub with a built in amp or just get the amp and add it on to my current one.

I'm thinking cheapest option would be to just get an amp, but having a difficult time finding one that will work with the Yamaha preout rca ports. Most amps have the old RCA red/white or 3.5mm connectors, I have seen some subs with an LFE port but I have no idea how to hook up the sub properly and would like some assistance and recommendations on what I need to get.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If you check in the DIY subwoofer forum you will find that the guys over there use pro amps and they can probably steer you in the right direction. The crown xls series is very popular and accepts the rca style plugs then you would just connect speaker wire to the sub from the amp. If the Yamaha has a proprietary input you can just splice into the original wiring from the htib.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts