AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LG have just announced 12 new HDTVs for 2009, 9 new LCD ranges and 3 new plasma ranges.

There is too much info to post here, but check out http://www.hdtvlounge.net/lg/2009-lineup/ for the info and photos.

New models: LHX, LH90, LH85, LH55, LH50, LH40, LH30, LH20, LU55, PS80, PS60, PQ30.

The top of the range LG LHX series looks damn nice!

·
Registered
538 Posts
the LH90 has the features I am interested in but looks a bit ugly and tacky. I wonder how much it will cost in 42 inch. I would like to get an LED LCD in the future but i'm not in a rush because I know improved versions will come out after these Samsung 6/7/8 and LG LH90

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneyman
the LH90 has the features I am interested in but looks a bit ugly and tacky. I wonder how much it will cost in 42 inch. I would like to get an LED LCD in the future but i'm not in a rush because I know improved versions will come out after these Samsung 6/7/8 and LG LH90
$2399.95 is the Minimum Advertised Price

Here's the MAP's for the rest of the 2009 TV's

LG 2009 Models.doc 60.5k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
They had a flood of announcements at CES but since have gone into hibernation and turned interest in their 09's into a big yawn - kind of wasted PR when three months later nothing comes to market.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The designs look nice; simple and clean.

Are these all IPS panels?

edit:

Quote:
All of LG’s LCD HDTVs use Super In Plane Switching (S-IPS) LCD panel structure for faster response times and better colors, contrast and viewing angles.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Stinks that the LH90's are not coming out until August. I'm very interested in those as they have the LED back lighting with 240 zones. Might have to postpone my purchase until this one comes out. Would love to have the LHX but there is no way that sucker is going to be in my price range.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The LH40 series are now up on LG's USA website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
so I seen the 42 and 50 inch pq30s at a local store... but I can barely find any info.... basically all I know is what was on the tv itself....

600hz... 2 million to 1 contrast.....usb... and the lg simplink etc..

looked like a nice tv... and the dude said they had just got them a week ago and had a toshiba cd running on them... and the toshiba symbol doesnt leave the video the whole time and stays in one spot and he said there was no burn in at all and this has been running everyday for a week

seems like a really nice looking tv... im wondering if it would be good for my friend for games.....

Anyone see any or have one yet?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOG FunK /forum/post/16115917

so I seen the 42 and 50 inch pq30s at a local store... but I can barely find any info.... basically all I know is what was on the tv itself....

600hz... 2 million to 1 contrast.....usb... and the lg simplink etc..

looked like a nice tv... and the dude said they had just got them a week ago and had a toshiba cd running on them... and the toshiba symbol doesnt leave the video the whole time and stays in one spot and he said there was no burn in at all and this has been running everyday for a week

seems like a really nice looking tv... im wondering if it would be good for my friend for games.....

Anyone see any or have one yet?

LG went gang busters announcing TV's but debuting has been mostly non-existant.

I believe you must have seen LG Plasmas since there are no 50" LCD's on the market that size is only in plasma and there are no 600hz LCD's either. LCD's are 60Hz, 120Hz and soon 240-480Hz on some models but that would be a plasma speed not an LCD.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The LH55 (240hz) and LH50 (120hz) lines are now up for pre-order on amazon. I have to admit i am a little surprised at how high the opening price is for the 55LH55. HINT...HINT....100 benjamins north of 3g's. Gotta assume these prices will come down by the summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 /forum/post/16116607

LG went gang busters announcing TV's but debuting has been mostly non-existant.

I believe you must have seen LG Plasmas since there are no 50" LCD's on the market that size is only in plasma and there are no 600hz LCD's either. LCD's are 60Hz, 120Hz and soon 240-480Hz on some models but that would be a plasma speed not an LCD.

Yeah I know its plasma... thats why I hgave the model number... its one of the tvs listed in this lcd article... anyway... looked nice... but seems like samsung is swinging out some nice ones as well :/

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Some shady online dealers are listing the LH55 and L40 as in-stock.

What is the release date for the 2009 models?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ok, here comes LG for '09. The 55" LH90 with led local dimming and 240hz refresh rate is listed on ABT for pre-order. At least the opening price is significantly cheaper than the Sammy 55" a950's were. Looking forward to seeing these LH90 panels in person. If they look as good as the specs suggest, I would love to see the 55" fall to about 3g's later in the year. Could be dreaming but we shall see!

Paul

·
Registered
198 Posts
TruMotion 240hz is not a real 240hz panel.

It is a 120hz panel with scanning backlight.

TruMotion 480hz is a 240hz panel with Scanning Backlight. That should be the one with 240 LED Zones. It is supposed to get released in the second half of 2009.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone-1 /forum/post/16226236

TruMotion 240hz is not a real 240hz panel.

It is a 120hz panel with scanning backlight.

TruMotion 480hz is a 240hz panel with Scanning Backlight. That should be the one with 240 LED Zones. It is supposed to get released in the second half of 2009.

What's a scanning backlight?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts