AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am trying to calibrate a LG 2020 CX Oled using Calman for LG and the internal LG pattern generator.
I have downloaded the grey clips from the Calman website to play in the background however when I play them from a USB they appear green. The Cals all seem to go through ok and all test patterns look fine. When finished (even just the SD cal) the SD picture looks ok however the Dolby Vision picture is green and corrupted. Only a full tv reset clears it. Why do the grey patterns appear green when played from usb and is there anyway to solve it? Tv software is up to date according to software update tab in settings.
thanks.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
This has been discussed in the 2020 LG OLED calibration thread. You can check over there to find it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I’ve been through that conversation. Is it just a software update that’s needed. Sorry I know it’s a simple question but if someone could summarise the answer I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The green effect/corruption happens sometimes after doing calibrations, I've also experienced black screen on HDR and nothing playing in SDR after calibrating. It can all be remedied by pulling the power from the tv for half a minute and plugging it back in.
Hope this helps!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this keep the Calibration? Are you saying I’ve calibrated twice and reset the whole tv both times to get Dolby Vision back when I could have just unplugged it.... well I feel like the fool.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Thanks. I’ve been through that conversation. Is it just a software update that’s needed. Sorry I know it’s a simple question but if someone could summarise the answer I would really appreciate it.
Please respond in the LG Calman home thread. We are releasing tutorial videos this week covering SDR, HDR, and Dolby Vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does this keep the Calibration? Are you saying I’ve calibrated twice and reset the whole tv both times to get Dolby Vision back when I could have just unplugged it.... well I feel like the fool.
Yeah, I usually like to power cycle the tv between calibrations. Make sure it worked as expected. Then continue to my next picture mode.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts