AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LG 30fs4d geometry has been messed up somewhere along the line.

Before I pay for a tech to re-calibrate it, would anyone happen to have a minute to go to their 30fs4d service menu and post the values of the first menu? The first menu lists all geometry settings.

The values for the 16:9 pincushion menu would also be very appreciated.

To get to the service menu just press menu on the tv and remote for 10 seconds or so.

I know every tv's service menu will have different values, but i'd like to know if mine is anywhere near where it should be.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have a minute to do this. I really would like to avoid a $350 service when I only spent $475 on the tv to begin with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought mine last weekend for $199...not pleased with the color balance.

I'll get the values for you later today. I'm trying to get the reds to appear less magenta, and just get a better overall white balance. I've adjusted the R level on the white balance menu tab, but haven't noticed a real difference.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

You really need an instrument to properly play with the white balance. You should also be looking at black and white patterns when playing with that stuff and not looking at color stuff.

regards

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Should put up a test pattern with straight lines and change the parameter to see how it makes things pincushion. Select the setting where that happens least.

regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts