AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know.. don't buy anything from craigslist!

2 weeks ago i got an 31LG60 in working condition screen was pristine. and now? looks like it was rained on.

Ive attached a photo to this message. I just want to know.. is there any hope for this TV? its past the one year limited warranty.

there is no sound, i cant change the channels, and it turns off by itself after a few minutes.

could the previous owner have messed with the insides?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiTech
I know I know.. don't buy anything from craigslist!

2 weeks ago i got an 31LG60 in working condition screen was pristine. and now? looks like it was rained on.

Ive attached a photo to this message. I just want to know.. is there any hope for this TV? its past the one year limited warranty.

there is no sound, i cant change the channels, and it turns off by itself after a few minutes.

could the previous owner have messed with the insides?
[edit: deleted what i wrote earlier] I guess you mean 32LG60? 31LG60 is not a valid model number.

The problems you described means severe issue with the PCB board. Which isn't something that an average joe can fix himself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohcontinuum
[edit: deleted what i wrote earlier] I guess you mean 32LG60? 31LG60 is not a valid model number.

The problems you described means severe issue with the PCB board. Which isn't something that an average joe can fix himself.
yes 32** and that is just so sad
i wish there was a way to fix it.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You should call the guy you bought it from and complain, a lot. I'm pretty sure what you are seeing is why he sold the tv. And you never know, maybe he has a conscience and will refund your money. Worth a try.

You could also call LG as if it's a very common problem and the tv isn't very old they may be doing out of warranty repairs.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes444 /forum/post/0

You should call the guy you bought it from and complain, a lot. I'm pretty sure what you are seeing is why he sold the tv. And you never know, maybe he has a conscience and will refund your money. Worth a try.

You could also call LG as if it's a very common problem and the tv isn't very old they may be doing out of warranty repairs.

Doubt LG would honor the warranty since he didn't buy it new. The one year only applies when you purchase it from an authorized reseller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts