AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes - strange that for me it didin't really have the problem in the beginning but has slowly gotten worse. I even tried a complete reset about a week ago - but that didn't help either.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I had it on DirecTV to begin with and then later had it on OTA (hoping they would go away). But I was actually getting the drops on both. In the past however, I have noticed it much more on DirecTV channels.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was told Monday but then others have been told Wed-Thurs. I have kind of been hoping maybe we would see the notification come through today for a Wed-Thurs release (kind of making both right).

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Latest I heard was a "tentative" date of 05/15/04 at 2:00 a.m. (PT). That's from a well-placed, though not directly involved, D*TV source. We'll see.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by s2silber
Latest I heard was a "tentative" date of 05/15/04 at 2:00 a.m. (PT). That's from a well-placed, though not directly involved, D*TV source. We'll see.

Are you sure it wasn't 05/15/05?

ron

·
Registered
241 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by s2silber

To my knowledge D has never sent updates on weekends.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Rather than continue this speculation, why don't we nominate someone to hold vigil, staring at the Menu round-the-clock, and post news of the download the moment when -- and if -- the update notice appears?

I'll be the first to decline the nomination.

·
Registered
250 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by sonofjay
Chris,

Without violating any confidences, where did you hear that this was coming Monday?

-S

Chris, Unfortunately, your source was wrong. Too bad, but I am not very optimistic that we will see any update this week or in the near future, as we have given many dates going back to last Fall that have come and gone.

What a pile-o-crap this is!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I just called directv and spoke to installation.After sifting through much paperwork the rep told me that they hope to have the issue(favorites menu) resolved by june 21st. :-(

bummer

·
Registered
250 Posts
Maybe more than 7 months of waiting, with numerous dates come and gone, has made me cynical, but I do not think we will see it in June either. Hope I'm wrong, but history is on my side.

21 - 40 of 843 Posts