AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, there is another option. A service rep at Sony told me that folks can send in their HD300's to the Sony Service Center to have 1.10 installed. That might alleviate some of the problems seen here. The only provision is that you must make sure that you clearly state that your box is not to be exchanged - you want the firmware installed and your original box retuned to you. You have to set this up in advance through their normal service channels on their web site. Of couse, if 2.0 comes down the bird soon, this is a waste of time - who knows how long Sony will have your box in the service center to get this done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Confirmed sighting of the upgrade. I came home for lunch and checked the system upgrade menu. Here is what it said:

Next Upgrade

(5/12/2004 01:14) HD3 2.00

My box is the HTL-HD. Guess I won't be setting the timer to record any late night shows tonight.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Its on my HD300 as well for 4:14am. Will it download automatically and does the box need to be on?

Who would know its the first download of its kind?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I wonder if it'll do anything about the HDCP problem? Probably not, but I'll check it tomorrow and see.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wow. Great news. I just purchased a HTL-HD today to replace my E86 I sold at HTF and was worried about all the problems I've read about. Won't have to worry now maybe.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ours show 1:14

nice that it's coming..

sure wish they would code in the one line menu dealy..

channel surfers dream tool. wife doesn't miss it at all, go figure!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wondering if this update resets the NVRAM so we have to rescan, etc. No big issue but would want to do this myself so i can stop the scanning of ota analog channels and scan only the ota digitals. otherwise the guide gets a lot of useless channels

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
5/12/2004 at 4:14 in NY!!!

Even the wife is excited!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sounds like it is actually 4:14 eastern (then all the other time zones would be the difference being displayed)

41 - 60 of 843 Posts