AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if LG are going to increase the screen size options for this line? I know there already is the LBX series but was wondering if in 08 LG were going to replace the LB5D series with the 9?

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTEX /forum/post/12921224

Does anybody know if LG are going to increase the screen size options for this line? I know there already is the LBX series but was wondering if in 08 LG were going to replace the LB5D series with the 9?

I just bought a 42 inch LB9D. I have seen a 47 inch too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The LG website has no mention of any LB9Ds' other than the 32" but I've heard that a 42 LBX has "42LB9D" on the back, perhaps LG are rebranding the LBX series for sale at BB & CC?

·
Registered
198 Posts
The largests LB9D is 52". It is the same at the LB5D except that it has built in DVR 160GB disk, which is small now a days. Don't think it will replace the 5D. Direct TV offers their HDDVR with a 360GB disk.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTEX /forum/post/12924488

The LG website has no mention of any LB9Ds' other than the 32" but I've heard that a 42 LBX has "42LB9D" on the back, perhaps LG are rebranding the LBX series for sale at BB & CC?

yes, the box has 42 LBX written big on the side and in the centre oof the box the label also says 42 LB9D.

I did call LG and they say that both are the same tv and have 120 hz. He said retail shops who buy in bulk sometimes tend to rename for them.

I first thought I bought the wrong model.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sandyr, what are your impressions of the LBD9? I think it is one of the best looking TVs on the market today, did you get it at Best Buy?

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes got it from BB canada 3 days back. So far looking at pic. qlty, features and budget, the tv worked out an excellant buy for us. I actually went in looking for the samsung 4661 even though it is 60 hz which I wanted to forgo for the screen size. They had the sammy and this LG side by side and I could compare the pic qlty. Could not see any difference in the 2.

The 2 yr warranty from LG and the extra features in it [the 120 hz] made me choose this.

I have been using this for 3 days now. I have connected my cable [not the digital box but the regular one] straight to the tv and I can say I never expected this fantastic qlty.

My kids watch Tree House and Nick Jr. Cannot see any pixelation and the tv is near 2 big windows. I cannot see a slightest glare on it. The 178 degree viewing angle is really true.

The only thing is I am noticing a high pitch noise coming from the tv all the time it is on. This could be because its a faulty set. Have to go to BB today and ask.

Overall I thought it was a good buy for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 32LB9d from Best Buy and couldn't like it more until the remote sen sor went out. It's in warranty, so hopefully will get it fixed. Keep your warranty and keep receipts. called LG for problem 800-243-0000. Good answers and I have an appointment to get the problem fixed. Anyone else experience this issue? Worked intermittently for a while then quite all together.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyr /forum/post/12930157

yes got it from BB canada 3 days back. So far looking at pic. qlty, features and budget, the tv worked out an excellant buy for us. I actually went in looking for the samsung 4661 even though it is 60 hz which I wanted to forgo for the screen size. They had the sammy and this LG side by side and I could compare the pic qlty. Could not see any difference in the 2.

The 2 yr warranty from LG and the extra features in it [the 120 hz] made me choose this.

I have been using this for 3 days now. I have connected my cable [not the digital box but the regular one] straight to the tv and I can say I never expected this fantastic qlty.

My kids watch Tree House and Nick Jr. Cannot see any pixelation and the tv is near 2 big windows. I cannot see a slightest glare on it. The 178 degree viewing angle is really true.

The only thing is I am noticing a high pitch noise coming from the tv all the time it is on. This could be because its a faulty set. Have to go to BB today and ask.

Overall I thought it was a good buy for me.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this model isn't not 120mhz capable. It was a false advertisement by Best Buy and Futureshop.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc00 /forum/post/13391576

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this model isn't not 120mhz capable. It was a false advertisement by Best Buy and Futureshop.

Which model are you talking about? Sandyr has the 42LBX, which is also the 42LB9DF and yes it DOES have 120Hz TruMotion. Get your facts right before you go trying to "burst" anyone's "bubble".

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LairdDrambeg I'm considering the new LG 50 at CC but it does not have the 120Hz Truemotion, based on what you have seen with your LBX would you going for the LG 60 which will have the 120Hz over the LG 50?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTEX /forum/post/13398971

LairdDrambeg I'm considering the new LG 50 at CC but it does not have the 120Hz Truemotion, based on what you have seen with your LBX would you going for the LG 60 which will have the 120Hz over the LG 50?

Is that to say the LG50 and LG60 series are shipping already?

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's hard to say, since I have not seen the exact details of how well the 60Hz models perform in comparison. E.g. I have to think that the 120Hz is an aid in doing reverse telecine deinterlacing, which the LBX does very well. I'd ask to have a close look at the LG50 playing a Blu-Ray which has things like slow pans to see how it looks... make sure to get the remote so you can get approximate pic settings since the standard settings are crap on all sets. Also, since most of us will be watching DVDs for a while yet, check how well it does with that... where the LBX also does very well, though I'm not sure if the 120Hz contributes there. Finally, there's live sports... if you can get a demo of that, e.g. on Sat afternoons NBC has been showing hockey which is a real test for a LCD TV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys. New guy to the forums here.

I was thinking about buying the 32LB9D from a friend of a friend for a killer deal.

I dont really watch many movies or anything like that but i'm definitely a big gamer, and i want a tv that can handle gaming very well.

My main question or problem i guess is how does this tv compare to like the more popular tvs like the Samsung LN-T3253H or the Sharp Aquos. I've looked at all the specs and they appear to be the same to me.

Would the picture be fuzzy or just look bad on my xbox 360?

I just want an excellent picture for my xbox 360. I know i'm getting a good deal and everything but i dont wanna get the tv and then wish i could've gotten something better.

Any advice by you guys would be greatly appreciated, and if any recommendations on a tv for me, i'd take that too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts