AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased the LG 32lc2dU from Circuit City last night. Love the Tv so far and I cant wait until Next Saturday when my cable company install my HD Cable box with DVR.

My 2 questions: I hooked up the LG the same way as my old tv and my cable box with dual tuner Tivo Series 2 box. It uses the composite video to hook to the LG. I use one of the A/V. I have the coaxle cable coming out of the wall into a 3 way splitter. One goes to cable box, other goes to tivo and the last one goes to the tv directly into the cable/Antenna IN. All is good except for the cable/antenna in part. If I go to the tv to watch basic channels (2-98) the LG will only see 2-12 channels. All other channels are snowy. Where or what do i do to let the LG know that it is a cable in not an antenna? If i use ez scan, it only shows 2-12. I do not see a setting to change to allow me to get all the basic channels..

2nd question: How is the HDTV tuner on this set? Will I will like it? Will I notice a difference? I cannot wait but figure I would ask...

sorry, another question: What do most ppl use for analog viewing? 4:3 or 16:9? I know it is personal preference but I like the 16:9 on all channels but the wife is not use to it.. Just wondering what aspect ratio setting most ppl use....

Thanks in advance,

Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not sure if this is your problem, but for some reason this LG will set up 4 different sets of channels: analog tv, digital tv, analog cable, and digital cable. So the analog tv i think only has 2-12 or 13 and then if you keep moving up through the channels it will take you into digital then analog cable (where your channels likely are). If you manually enter the channel it will give you a few choices on the right side and you should pick one in CATV or CADTV (whichever applies to your source).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you. You nailed it perfectly. I was playing around with the TV all day and finally I realized the same thing you said the tv has 4 different settings. I did what you stated and it works flawlessly.

thanks,

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.