AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 32" LG LCD that won't stay powered on. It initally powers up normally, the red power light turns blue, picture and sound come on... then within a few seconds the picture goes blank for about a second - then comes back on for a few seconds, then blanks again and comes on again - then finally the TV turns off (red power light illuminates). This all happens within about 20 seconds.

I've done some online research and learned about capacitors on the power supply board. I removed the back of my set and inspected the capacitors and they all look perfect - no bulging, no leaking. I haven't found any posts with the exact same problem I am experiencing.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Of course, the set is out of warranty.

LG 32LD350

Manufactured: October 2010

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll finish this conversation with myself.

After searching around the internet a little, I found a replacement power supply board for my TV. The first one I ordered (using just the make and model number of the set) was incorrect - it was much smaller than the original. I called the company I bought the board from and gave him some numbers off the actual power supply board and he researched the correct board needed. Unfortunately, he didn't have the board in stock.

I found the board (EAY60869101 Power Supply) through a different vendor and ordered it for $43. It just arrived this afternoon and I installed it. The TV powered up normally and appears to be back to normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mpostgate I literally just made this account so I could say: thank you!

My LG 32LD350 is going through the exact same issue as yours. Your first post gave me hope. Then I read your next post and my heart sank... I thought this would be a stub thread. But your third post... in the face of isolation you came back and shared your solutions for posterity!

So I just wanted you to know it's appreciated. Bless your heart.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alex,

You're very welcome, I'm glad you found the information useful.

This year the main control board in the set went bad. Same symptoms as before, so I bought another new power supply board. When that did not fix the issue I returned it (Shopjimmy.com is excellent, by the way) and ordered a main control board. That did the trick and the set is working fine today.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same set.. Got a lightning hit a few weeks back. Insurance just replaced it, just about to throw it away and wondering if its a board swap out. Fuses are still good. I hear a humming on the main board, the one with the video outputs. Most of my TV's took hits thru the HDMI cables so I suspect it may be that.

Worth a shot to start there? Any test points I can check voltage on the powersupply to see if Im getting what I should be out of it?

Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts