AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone newbie here

First off , AVSforum is AWESOME! I've come here with high hopes that you guys must be having a solution to my problem.

Well, I recently brought a LG IPS LCD TV 32ld460. It comes with a USB port. After tinkering around and playing lots of videos, i came to know that its unable to play any 1080p video which has been encoded with Main/High L5.1. 1080p encoded with M/H L4.1 is only playable. 720p works fine with M/H L5.1 ( with High re-Frames too )

So my question is , is there any way to get around this ??

I've tried lots of methods to get it to play in vain. I've even tried h264info to change profile format from 5.1 to 4.1 but it didnt work either. Would be really glad if someone can help me out ^_^

Also, If i connect my TV to my laptop via a HDMI cable will i still have problems playing 1080p videos ?? ( Encoded with M/H 5.1 )

PS: The manual clearly stated it supports a maximum of 1080p @ M/H 4.1 only. So whats the point of encoding the vids @ 5.1 ?? I've tried to play that particular file in at least 6 other LCD TVs of different brands and none were able to run it.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
mystaku-

Welcome to AVS Forum.

Since you tried several other TVs and none could play that file, and the LG TV's manual says that it does not support that format, I would simply make sure you use files encoded in the more-compatible format(s). Regarding your laptop with HDMI, you should just try it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV /forum/post/19644578

mystaku-

Welcome to AVS Forum.

Since you tried several other TVs and none could play that file, and the LG TV's manual says that it does not support that format, I would simply make sure you use files encoded in the more-compatible format(s). Regarding your laptop with HDMI, you should just try it.

Thank god somebody replied!

Well, could you please share your experience with 1080p files encoded with Main/High L5.1 ?? Do they play perfectly ? :|

As for the HDMI Cable, it ain't available easily out here ... have to hunt more. Will I face any problem playing HD Vids straight from my laptop ( that has been connected to my LCD TV via HDMI ). To be more precise, is there any other setting to be made after connecting HDMI Cable ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts