AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I didn't find any thread related to this issue.

I have LG 3d glasses AG-S250, 3d image is so much better then my 1 year old Samsung LCD TV.

Unfortunatly the switch after 10 minutes, that's so annoying anyone could how to try and fix that?

Thanks

JoKeR

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Is there any possibility that the IR emitter on a LG TV sends a turn on signal every 10 minutes and a Samsung TV does not and the LG glasses are built to turn them selves off at 10 minutes.

I was surprised to find out that the LG glasses even worked with a Samsung emitter.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/20797553

Is there any possibility that the IR emitter on a LG TV sends a turn on signal every 10 minutes and a Samsung TV does not and the LG glasses are built to turn them selves off at 10 minutes.

I was surprised to find out that the LG glasses even worked with a Samsung emitter.

mine hardly switch off. maybe just one time per movie.

·
Registered
6,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/20797553

Unfortunately, the LG glasses in question are RF, not IR. My guess is that they are designed to sense the wearer's motion to avoid auto-shutoff, but they aren't sensitive enough to detect tiny changes from a user sitting motionless in one spot. Perhaps LG's expectation is that the wearer will make head turns to speak with someone else in the room or react with excitement to the 3D image. If you notice, commercials for 3D TVs show the viewers doing exactly that. It's only marketing, I know, but perhaps that's what the engineers who designed the system are thinking...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

3 weeks ago I bought a lg 60pz550 plasma with 3d options.

first of all they gave me the wrong 3d glasses ( lg ag-s100 )

so.... after 2 days of trial and error (and cursing and swearing) I found out that these glasses were incompatible with the 2011 models (quiet hard to find out). IR or RF differences.

then I bought 3 new, 3d glasses ( lg ag-s250 ).

these glasses gave me quit a WHOW factor, pretty good 3d.

but after a couple of minutes I discovered that these glasses were switching off.

so......

I read the manual (more than twice).

and indeed these glasses auto switch off after 10 minutes! (unless you jump around)

so I called Lg and they said that there is nothing they could do.

I disagreed and said that this is a serious defect in construction!

and if they won't fix the problem they could collect and return my tv including the glasses!

so...... The LG lady made a notification of it and said that she would bring up the quetion to LG international and that it would take 10 days for her to reply.

In the meanwhile I bought a pair of the more expensive LG ag-s270 glasses to check if they were more sensitive and had a better crosstalk performance.

well................ exactly the same problems.

so don't let yourself get fooled!

LG needs to fix these Glasses

LG,

please

1. fix the motion sensitivety or

2. instead of 10 minutes "auto switch of" make it 2 hours.

if they don't respond to my question/demands I will bring my television back.

greetings.

ps. solutions and answers are very welcome

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanpruys /forum/post/0

Hi there

3 weeks ago I bought a lg 60pz550 plasma with 3d options.

first of all they gave me the wrong 3d glasses ( lg ag-s100 )

so.... after 2 days of trial and error (and cursing and swearing) I found out that these glasses were incompatible with the 2011 models (quiet hard to find out). IR or RF differences.

then I bought 3 new, 3d glasses ( lg ag-s250 ).

these glasses gave me quit a WHOW factor, pretty good 3d.

but after a couple of minutes I discovered that these glasses were switching off.

so......

I read the manual (more than twice).

and indeed these glasses auto switch off after 10 minutes! (unless you jump around)

so I called Lg and they said that there is nothing they could do.

I disagreed and said that this is a serious defect in construction!

and if they won't fix the problem they could collect and return my tv including the glasses!

so...... The LG lady made a notification of it and said that she would bring up the quetion to LG international and that it would take 10 days for her to reply.

In the meanwhile I bought a pair of the more expensive LG ag-s270 glasses to check if they were more sensitive and had a better crosstalk performance.

well................ exactly the same problems.

so don't let yourself get fooled!

LG needs to fix these Glasses

LG,

please

1. fix the motion sensitivety or

2. instead of 10 minutes "auto switch of" make it 2 hours.

if they don't respond to my question/demands I will bring my television back.

greetings.

ps. solutions and answers are very welcome

How do you watch 3D? I get naked and paint myself blue. Equip myself with a spear and run towards and from the lcd while watching Avatar. Exactly as stated in the manual for the LG glasses. ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had the same problem with my glasses. It's VERY annoying.

Though I haven't really tested it out yet, I think the content that you watch could affect the auto shut off. I've played 3D games and the glasses shut off every 10 minutes.

I've watched Thor and The Lion King in 3D and the glasses never shut off. But then again, I've watched Tron, Walking with the Dinosaurs, and The Ultimate Wave: Tahiti and the glasses did shut off after 10 minutes.

Could have been flukes.

I've contacted LG and they gave me no answer or fix, just guided me to the manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.