AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this tv through Circuit City because of the really low price I could get it for. I had read good, but limited, reviews on it as well as the numerous positive reviews for the 37" model. I think the picture quality on it is excellent, but I am having a hard time getting used to the "Automatic Backlight Adjustment" or whatever it is called.

From reading other posts, it's apparent that this can not be disabled. I really don't want to exchange this tv as it's right in my price point, and I'd rather have an LCD versus a plasma due to the glare on most plasma screens (I have a rather large picture window in my room). Has anyone found a workaround for this annoying "feature" or otherwise found a way to live with it? I'm not sure if I will ever get used to the tv doing this. My wife, who usually thinks I'm too particular when it comes to stuff like this, notices it as well so I know it's more than just my anal retentiveness at work here.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hmmm, can't turn it off, huh. Maybe if you can find the little window the light sensor is under and put a piece of black tape over it.

I had that feature on my Sharp but they allow it to be turned off. I found it annoying.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangtbc /forum/post/0

I recently purchased this tv through Circuit City because of the really low price I could get it for. I had read good, but limited, reviews on it as well as the numerous positive reviews for the 37" model. I think the picture quality on it is excellent, but I am having a hard time getting used to the "Automatic Backlight Adjustment" or whatever it is called.

From reading other posts, it's apparent that this can not be disabled. I really don't want to exchange this tv as it's right in my price point, and I'd rather have an LCD versus a plasma due to the glare on most plasma screens (I have a rather large picture window in my room). Has anyone found a workaround for this annoying "feature" or otherwise found a way to live with it? I'm not sure if I will ever get used to the tv doing this. My wife, who usually thinks I'm too particular when it comes to stuff like this, notices it as well so I know it's more than just my anal retentiveness at work here.

There is probably an adjustment in the service menu. I accessed mine by holding down the menu button on the TV, and then holding down the menu button on the remote. On mine I get one menu when I start with the TV button, and another when I start with the remote menu button.

Disclaimer: Anything you do in the service menu is your responsibility. I made no changes, just checked it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.