AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am deciding which of these two TVs to buy as I can get them for the same price.

Is there anything in the picture quality that warrants going 2" smaller for the Toshiba 40E200U over the LG 42LD450? I've read a bit about the LG not having the greatest black levels?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I may be trying to decide on that LG model. The thread for it does indicate that the black level is relatively high, but I don't care about that aspect...

If you intend to hook up a computer, supposedly that LG is one of the best for that.

2" on the diagonal may not seem like much, but eventually you get used to whatever size you pick. Many wish they had gone bigger...

Maybe you like the overall design better on one versus the other, or some specific feature... I don't know about that Toshiba model - but it sounds like you've got some evidence that the picture on it would be better for your preferences.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
I just went through this and ended up with the Toshiba. To my eyes, it really stood out from the rest (including the LG you mentioned). I thought clarity, black levels and colors were superior to LG and others. The toshiba also has the most inputs of the lot and plenty of discrete codes for your universal remote. It was also cheaper than the comparable LG.

However, if the larger LG is cheaper and the PQ differences minimal, I'd go for the larger screen.

I've started and owner's thread for the toshiba HERE .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts