AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequented this site a few years back when I built a dedicated home theater and am returning now to get feedback on my first LCD HDTV purchase. Trying to decide between the LG 42LD520 and the Vizio E420VL.

Both are 42 inch, 120Hz, 1080p LCD HCTVs with 100,000:1 contrast. Very similiar features all the way around - the LG has a slightly less response time (2.4ms to 5ms).

I can get the Vizio for $499 shipped but will probably have to wait until after Christmas before it ships or can get the LG shipped to me today for $50 more at $549.

Any input on these two models or the reliability of LG vs. Vizio would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am trying to make the same exact decision. I was ready to go with the LD520 until someone suggested the E420VL. I have read some good reviews for the Vizio but there are a few which trouble me. Seems there is a decent amount of people having their units die right after the warranty expired and others with audio problems (some caused by a setting which could be turned off but others were just defects.) I haven't read any horror stories about the LD520 so I think I might go with that one just to be safe.

This video seems all too common.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpMBooKSBXA&fmt=35 While this issue might be all in the past, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Any input from those with experience would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts