AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.
This is my first post, so please forgive me if I've managed to find myself in the wrong area of the forum, but I'm hoping to obtain a little wisdom from the experience of the people here, in hopes that you guys can help me make an educated (and hopefully less costly)decision!

I have an older LG TV (42LH30-UA.AUSDLHR)and recently it's started displaying poorly. The left side of the screen (about 5-6 inches from the edge)will trail really badly, and falls behind the rest of the display...the MENU will display poorly as well. I've tried different ports and different units for displaying (Cable Box, PS3, Xbox 360 which I used component for), and all remains the same.
After about 20 minutes, the entire display will turn to total crap, creating a collage of colors and shapes, almost as though every frame of whatever is being displayed is burning into the screen and fading slowly. I took a video of it and posted it on YouTube, but I can't post it as a link here yet since I don't have enough posts, lol. I'll happily PM the link to anyone who's interested though.

If I turn the TV off and turn it back on, the display reverts back to the bad left side and trialing for about 10 minutes before the terrible collage of colors and shapes appears again.
I'm under the impression that it's the Main Board of the TV that has gone bad, but have also been told it could be the panel itself, the cables running to the panel, or even the Power Supply board.

I'm a fairly capable individual, and I believe I can make these repairs myself, but before I go out and purchase a part in HOPES that that is the culprit, I wanted to get some better insight first.

Thanks in advance for your time! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention, that when the left side of the screen is bad, the middle of the screen is kind of dark as well. Certain colors like oranges and reds have a lot of contrast to them as well.

·
Super Moderator
18,213 Posts
Please read stickies before posting. Thread moved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts