AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi Guys, I upgraded from an LG 32 inch 1080p regular lcd to the newer LED 42 inch LN5300 model. Picture quality, I keep it on Vivid on standard definition cable and it looks great.

On the PS4, if I use the same settings it looks amazing, but I do notice for example some slight slowness in games like NBA2k14. I think BF4 was fine though.

I've tried switching the HDMI input type to PC and that just makes the screen look kind of blury, like a very slight smear effect. I also tried Expert Setting with the following settings:

Energy Saving Off - Expert 1 - Backlight - 50 - Contrast 91 - Brightness - 58 - H Sharpness - 10 - V Sharpness 10 - Color 54 - Tint - G5 - ( Under Expert Control ) Dynamic Contrast - Off - Color Gamut Standard - Edge Enhancer Off - Color Filter Off - Gamma 2.2 - Noise Reduction off - MPEG Noise Reduction Off - Black Level Low.

This also made the game look kind of dark and not as sharp. Can anyone recommend me something? I'm not sure if I actually notice input lag or these settings seem to make it a bit quicker sometimes...I'm unsure.

I was initially going to get the Vizio 440i A0 but I decided with the LG since it looked a lot better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any settings I should try? I've gone through the review thread and that's where's I got the ones I have already set up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. I left it on standard with the picture options effects off. Seems alright like that. The other settings on the site didn't look sharp.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003  /t/1511685/lg-42ln5300-settings-help#post_24223195

Thanks for that. I left it on standard with the picture options effects off. Seems alright like that. The other settings on the site didn't look sharp.

Glad you were able to improve it, sze5003. Looking forward to fiddling with mine tomorrow night, as I just snagged one myself the other day.

Happy gaming!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYpanda  /t/1511685/lg-42ln5300-settings-help#post_24223237

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003  /t/1511685/lg-42ln5300-settings-help#post_24223195

Glad you were able to improve it, sze5003. Looking forward to fiddling with mine tomorrow night, as I just snagged one myself the other day.

Happy gaming!

I don't even have hd cable so I mainly use it for Netflix and ps4. Let me know what you set it to. The picture on cable and shows is great on standard too. Vivid is nice as well but too bright on ps4. Plus I heard vivid is not good to keep on. I just got tired of messing with all the settings. I would keep it on vivid but I just don't want any input lag.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003  /t/1511685/lg-42ln5300-settings-help#post_24223252

I don't even have hd cable so I mainly use it for Netflix and ps4. Let me know what you set it to. The picture on cable and shows is great on standard too. Vivid is nice as well but too bright on ps4. Plus I heard vivid is not good to keep on. I just got tired of messing with all the settings. I would keep it on vivid but I just don't want any input lag.

Yeah, I really wouldn't recommend vivid for any HDTV -- but, I know how some people like it. I'll mostly be using the new display with our PS3, HD from TWC, Netflix, and chromecast.

I don't have a PS4 yet, as the games that I'm looking forward to the most are Destiny and Diablo:ROS - off in the distance. So for me, I'm waiting on buying one. Sorry that I can't be much help there.

You might want to try adjusting some PS4 settings as well. That said, if you like how it is now, then I would leave it alone for a bit and see how it goes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ps4 auto sets based on hdmi to auto resolution and auto rgb scale too. I guess it's ok for now. I know people with this tv have Xbox one or ps4 and I'm not sure what exactly they set their standards to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts