AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 40" tv for the bedroom to replace an old 22" crt. I was looking at these two lg's and wondered if anyone has compared the two. I will be approx. 10' away and the tv will be on the wall and tiltable. Most of the watching will be via verizon fios, both hd and reg. def. Can anyone chime in one way or the other? By the way, room is relatively dark. Both are a little shy of $500.00

thanks.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rersoap /forum/post/21728656

I am looking for a 40" tv for the bedroom to replace an old 22" crt. I was looking at these two lg's and wondered if anyone has compared the two. I will be approx. 10' away and the tv will be on the wall and tiltable. Most of the watching will be via verizon fios, both hd and reg. def. Can anyone chime in one way or the other? By the way, room is relatively dark. Both are a little shy of $500.00

thanks.

the 42LK450 is excellent for the money, especially if you get the S-IPS panel

if the other is an LED model, I would avoid it (especially at this price point) as it's likely to have more uniformity issues than a CCFL model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to my local bb this afternoon and took a look at some of the 450 boxes and I found one with the product code: 42lk450-uh-cusylh From what I have read, this would make it an ISP panel. There were 4 on the floor but only one had the "y".

·
Registered
12,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rersoap /forum/post/21729371

I went to my local bb this afternoon and took a look at some of the 450 boxes and I found one with the product code: 42lk450-uh-cusylh From what I have read, this would make it an ISP panel. There were 4 on the floor but only one had the "y".

Did you buy it?

IMO, this is the best 42" LCD out there in this price range (with the S-IPS "Y" panel).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I wanted to come home and see the responses first. Thinking about pulling the trigger tom.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up the TV yesterday. The people at best buy thought I was nuts when I told them that I wanted a specific tv that they had on the floor yesterday and told me that the boxes do not show a product code. I asked them to bring one out of the inventory and that I would show them. I had just seen around 5 on the floor the day before but once the sale was over, they took them back in the inventory room. Luckily they did not sell the one that I was looking at the day before. Manufacture date was Nov. 11 and it has a "y" in the product code, 4th from the right. I got the sales price showing on BB's website which was alot less than the store had it for. Now to upgrade my verizon box so that I can get HD channels and use a HDMI connection. So far though, everything looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts