AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am debating between the LG 42LV5500 vs Sharp LC40LE830UN. I compared their specs and it isn't that much of a difference. However, the Sharp is "LED Edge-Lit" and the LG is "LED Back-Lit." Is there a difference?

The Sharp is currently at $590 and the LG is at $670. What do you guys think? I will be using it for regular viewing and video games.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am looking at similar models at the 46/47" size. LV5400 in my case.

The sharp LE830UN is at the top of my list. It seems to have favorable reviews for view and for gaming (seems to not have any huge lag issues). I tend to like the really vibrant colors it displays, but I'm also a little concerned with the "yellow push" i have seen in skin tones. I am pretty sure I can take care of that with proper calibration. (I could care less about the "quattron" gimmick)

The LV5400 47" is at the low end price wise, it can be had around my area (Canada) for $999, but to my eyes it doesn't look as good when I demo it compared to the sharp, the sony ex620 or the samsung d6000 (all around $1200 any given sale).

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.