AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a LG 42PC3D - 42" plasma. I am just using factory defaults right now for color settings. Does anyone have any info on what settings would be "optimal" for this display? Or anywhere I could look for that info? I had also heard that there was DVD type software out there that you can run which is an interactive optimization method... any thoughts?

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hi bh12,

I have the 50pc3d and here are my settings after calibrating the tv with the Digital Video Expressions calibration dvd.

Contrast: 45

Brightness: 37

Color: 49

Sharpness: 50

Tint: 0

Temp: Cool

These settings may not be perfect for your eyes or viewing area but it is a start.

I like this dvd, though I have not used any of the other offerings out there, but it is a bit of a chore to navigate through and the calibration tutorial is like taking a class. You have to listen to a somewhat lenghty history of each calibration setting before you actually use it but it is a good tutorial for a first time user and worth the time.

Prepare to spend an hour, more or less, but once you get through it you can then go straight to the calibration screens.

I also used it to check/validate my audio settings after using my receiver's YPAO system and my spl meter.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.