AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Greetings!  I did a lot of reading in these forums and found quite a bit about red dots and green dots showing up on dark backgrounds.  I didn't find quite as much about the pink/purple dots in lightish areas.  I have had this plasma for about 4 years. A few months ago while playing video games, I noticed some funny pixel activity in bright spots.  These dancing purple dots were appearing in light areas, not necessarily in pure white areas, but light blue, light green, light gray, light yellow areas. I started thinking it was a signal problem with the PS3 or the HDMI cable, but it happens while watching TV shows as well.  I even disconnected all the cables, plugged the TV directly into the wall outlet (no surge strip) to see if it was a signal issue.  The same problem is happening just while viewing the TV setup menu, with no external sources connected. If I decrease the brightness and turn on the energy saving, it gets better, but of course the whole picture gets darker.  It is out of warranty, and I cannot afford to take it to a repair shop.  I have no problem with opening it up, tweaking some settings, or even replacing boards myself.  I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this exact issue and knows what the cause/fix is.  Some pictures are below. Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I experienced this in my pioneer pro-111fd when I tweaked the voltages in the service menu. I was lowering the votlages to get a better black level and when I lowered them to low i saw magenta colored misfires pixels in white screens and moving pixels. obviously you haven't tweaked your voltages because you would have mentioned that in your post. But when I lowered the voltage too much I my tv it caused those misfires because it didn't have enough power to fire up the pixel. white pixel take the most power because the tv has to fire all 3 sub pixels green, blue, and red. You may have a problem with your power supply or one of your x or y boards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts