AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I need some help. Right now there's a $700 off deal at bestbuy (Canada) for the lh70 (on sale for $1699), and it looks like a nice set with remarkable specs, but the problem is I can't find any info regarding this tv.

The other set I'm considering is an older Samsung B550 ($1299). I know it has the 60hz but personally I don't see much difference to throw in another $400 for the A6xx models.

If anyone could give me an opinion on this or some info about the LG (Bestbuy employees know less then I do it seems), I'd greatly appreciate it! I'd also be all ears if anyone has any other recommendations on sets around the $1700 range.

thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually got the 47LH70 from Best Buy and I'm fairly satisfied with it. Another TV in that price range worth checking out is the Toshiba 46XV645U. However, I originally got the Toshiba, was VERY impressed with the black levels, colours were pretty good...however there was some bad backlight bleeding from the upper right corner and a stuck pixel. I returned it to take advantage of the Best Buy deal.

The LG has amazing colour, easy, extensive calibration, and a very thin panel. The black levels weren't as good as the Toshiba, but colours looked better and it's an inch bigger. I've also heard that the Samsung 550 has some serious problems playing blu-ray because of poor 2:3 pulldown. I'd go with the LH70.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts