AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been googling all over for an answer, and this forum has the more knowledgeable members. I bought an LG 47LM7600-DA in Colombia. It is also manufactured in Mexico, so I guess it should have the same hardware as a USA version 47LM7600. In Colombia, firmware is only at version 04.20.60, can I update to a US firmware which is at version 5? I tried downloading the firmware from the US LG website and following the USB procedure, but the update window never shows up. I want the new US firmware because, as I read here, it now allows the magic remote to control a cable box. Also, I bet the US version has more features enabled in the Premium section.

So, is there a safe way to upload version 5 of the US firmware to a latin-american market TV?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Castro.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about Columbia, but in Colombia we use the same NTSC standard as in the USA.

I have no idea on what digital TV tuner my set has, as Colombia hasn't still decided on a standard, as there are currently no OTA digital broadcasts here. I will no longer try to update to the USA firmware, as it seems too risky.

I read on this forum something about a service menu which allows you to enable an "engineer mode", that supposedly allows newer firmwares to be downloaded. If I find version 5 of the firmware ready to be downloaded, will it download a USA-spec firmware or the latin american version?

In the meantime, is there any hack to enable the magic motion remote to control a cable box?

Thanks for your reply!

Regards;

Juan Castro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts