AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

I just got my first plasma, it's the 50PC3D. When I bought it from futureshop their website it said that it only has 1 hdmi connector. When I took it out of the box I noticed that it had 2. HDMI 1 is labeled DVI and HDMI 2 is labeled HDMI. The website also says that this model does not have DVI. Im not sure what to make of it, do you think that they are both fully functioning HDMI connections?

I should mention that I don't have anything tht uses HDMI(yet) so I cant really test it out.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have the 50pc3d and mine only has one hdmi port.

Most likely yours is a newer build and sports 2 hdmi ports due to the vast amounts of feedback for it.

Have you checked the owners manual for some sort of description of the ports?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

I just checked the futureshop site and a couple people who reviewd it mentioned they had 2 hdmi connections as well.

I'm really happy about it because I wa debating on if I should get a set that only had 1 hdmi, although when it came down to it I just couldn't turn up the amazing price on boxing day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The newer version apparently has two HDMI connections. Unfortunatey the messed with some other things in a (IMHO) negative way. For instance, there is no longer an APM button on the remote (for viewing 4 different picture modes on the screen at once by dividing the screen into quarters). Further, they reduced both Aspect Ratio and picture presets.

The Aspect ratio "Cinema Zoom" with 16 different zooms is no longer an option.

Picture modes were reduced to Daylight, Night, Normal and User 1 and 2 vs the previous 7 presets (Daylight, Normal, Night Time, Movie, Video Game, and Expert and apparently one other). Personally, I don't miss these much as I plan on using the User settings once calibrated, but I'm still not sure why they removed the other settings.

Now, I'm new to the TV and still playing around so if I'm off base with something I've said please correct me and let me know where to look!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with you, I was actualy looking forward to the APM feature, but I would definetly trade it for an exra HDMI. Not to mention that I am totaly happy with this TV, how are you finding the quality? I don't have mine hooked up to HD, but SD is much better then I was told to expect. The only thing HD is the xbox360 which looks amazing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.