AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of research and also because I need to purchase through BB or another local TV distributer (already have credit card 0% financing) I'm looking at these two choices.

LG50PK750- has the firmware fix upgraded this to more like the 550 or is it still lacking? I can get this for around $799

TCP58S2- it is a Panasonic plasma (quality) and a large 58" screen. I'm not a major audiophile but want a good quality picture. Price is around $1,099

It will be going into a basement that has a sitting area plus other viewing areas further out and does not get much light. I'm most interested in sports, TV shows, movies and Netflix, no gaming. I currently have an old rear projection 54" that seems plenty big but not sure I want to downsize to a 50", how much of a difference will this be?

I value quality, price and size all about equal. What do you think I would be happier with?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went with the tcp58s2 over the LG. Ive read great things about LG picture quality but standing in the store watching the LG I wasnt impressed at all. I understand it might be a calibration issue,... just the panasonic the blacks looked black and the color really pops!

Once i got my 58" s2 into my apartment i started realize 58" isnt as big as i thought it would be. anyrate, very happy with my pansonic so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts