AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have the LG and love it. One of the reasons I got it over a panny or sam was the lack of anti-glare coating on the screen. The colors jump out of the screen and side by side I could not even consider the others.

I've had it almost 3 months and put a lot of hours on it with zero problems. Everyone who has come over raves about the picture quality. I also have not had any glare issues from sunlight, lamps or other lighting.

I know 3 months is not long enough to judge reliabilty but so far, so good. As of now I would not trade it for anything else in it's price range.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaed /forum/post/16944565

I have the LG and love it. One of the reasons I got it over a panny or sam was the lack of anti-glare coating on the screen. The colors jump out of the screen and side by side I could not even consider the others.

I've had it almost 3 months and put a lot of hours on it with zero problems. Everyone who has come over raves about the picture quality. I also have not had any glare issues from sunlight, lamps or other lighting.

I know 3 months is not long enough to judge reliabilty but so far, so good. As of now I would not trade it for anything else in it's price range.

That's interesting. No anti-glare coating. Do the "colors jump out of the screen" because the LG plasma doesn't have anti-glare coating? What kind of surface does the screen have that you've "not had any glare issues"?

It's great that you've had no problems so far and I hope it continues to work well for you.

I think the 50/60PS60 plasma tvs are beautiful looking sets just sitting there. I was first attracted to their look, then I found out they were less expensive than their competition. If the quality of picture and build of these sets is anywhere even close to the Panasonics and Samsungs, the LG is the one I want.

·
Registered
245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy /forum/post/16945737

That's interesting. No anti-glare coating. Do the "colors jump out of the screen" because the LG plasma doesn't have anti-glare coating? What kind of surface does the screen have that you've "not had any glare issues"?

It's great that you've had no problems so far and I hope it continues to work well for you.

I think the 50/60PS60 plasma tvs are beautiful looking sets just sitting there. I was first attracted to their look, then I found out they were less expensive than their competition. If the quality of picture and build of these sets is anywhere even close to the Panasonics and Samsungs, the LG is the one I want.

I think the lack of anti-glare coating does make for a more vibrant picture. I t went and looked at the picture a minute ago and I just do not see any reflections with the lights on. It's not a "magic" surface it just does not have any noticible glare even without a/r coating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.